Friday, March 20, 2009

The Trophy (Short Story)

Once upon a time there were two girls named Rita and Renu. They both were best friends. One day it was announced that there was going to be an inter- school debate. Rita and Renu prepared for it. Just on the day when there was going to be the selection Renu fell ill. Rita was very sad. Suddenly Renu thought "I will try to win and then if I win I will surely give the trophy to Renu as she is the real owner" Now she became very happy. She practiced day and night for the debate and then she won. Without talking to anybody else she rushed to Renu. She tried to give the trophy to her but could not as Renu was not ready to take it. She said ", Rita, you worked hard for the competition and then you did my and your own homework. At that time, I would just keep lying in the bed. And then now also if you give me the trophy, I will be ashamed of myself." But slowly they started arguing. But do you know that the principal had already seen them. He came and said that he was impressed by their friendship. Their happiness knew no bounds when they came to know that Renu was also getting a trophy.
[Self composed]

No comments: